1986 - 1988
Z80 assembly, Pascal
- Maintained and added features to firmware in EPROM programmer
- Sunrise built a variety of EPROM/EEPROM/PAL/GAL/etc.
programmers, many of which I fixed bugs in and added features to. At some
point we ran out of firmware address space and had to implement a firmware
bank select paradigm. Programming chips requires precise timing and developing
firmware for this purpose required the use of both an oscilloscope and
logic analyzer. This job also required reading schematics to understand
the hardware I was programming to.
- Developed firmware for new EPROM programmer
- While I was at Sunrise they developed a new product,
for which I did all of the firmware development. This included the user
interface (i.e. keypad and small LED display), the programming sections,
and the serial transfer section.
- Developed DOS based software for controlling and transferring
data to/from EPROM programmer, including error correcting serial transfer
- This was a GUI (implemented with simple ANSI graphics)
based software which allowed the user to transfer data to and from the
EPROM programmer and operate it completely remotely. It included an error
correcting serial transfer protocol.