1990 - 1991
Senior Software Engineer
DOS, C++/C, 80x86 assembly, class 2 fax, HP-PCL
- Maintained and added features to DOS fax software
- This was a full featured faxing package to which I fixed
bugs and added new features.
- Developed memory resident utility to fax via printing in
- To allow people to fax from any DOS application I developed
a memory resident utility that would capture output to the printer and
redirect it to our fax application.
- Added GUI to DOS fax software
- Using the Zinc Application Framework I replaced the entire
DOS text based UI with a "Windows-like" graphical UI. This required
stripping the back-end faxing code from the front end, learning C++, and
some debugging of the Zinc software.
- Implemented source control via PVCS and build system via
- The company was not using source control at all and
I implemented source control for several multiperson projects via PVCS.
- Implemented and configured build system using Polymake.
I took advantage of the Polymake 'path' features to allow only the files
currently being worked on to be on the developers machine, while the rest
of the source and object files were on the server.
- Implemented an autobuild system.