1988 - 1989
8051/48 assembly, Pascal
- Maintained and added features to firmware in multiple
closed-circuit TV security system modules
- The security systems were made up of different modules
connected to each other via a serial connection. These modules included
such things as alarm sensors, camera controllers, and other security devices,
all controlled and monitored via software on a PC. I fixed bugs and added
features to several of these modules, including a modified version of the
camera controlling firmware to support a user requested camera type.
- Did onsite configuration debugging
- There were several times where our technical support
people could not get an installed system working correctly. I was sent
to these sites (i.e., EDS, USAF, etc.) to do real-time debugging and fix
them. Some were mere configuration problems, while other turned out to
be bugs. I fixed the bugs on-site and installed the new firmware.
- Developed DOS based serial communications logger/debugger
- To aid in our debugging I developed a tool to allow us
to intelligently process our serial streams. The software included view
multiple serial streams, capturing data , filtering data, triggering on
specified data and/or patterns.