2008 - present
Senior Software Engineer
Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, C, STAF/STaX
- Implementing automated software testing framework.
- Researched appropriate tools, and selected STAF and STaX to achieve our goals
- Designed, implemented, and maintained internal test framework which builds codebase and runs regression tests, across all supported platforms (FreeBSD, Linux, and Windows).
- Used by individual engineers to verify work, across all platforms, before commiting to source control.
- Runs nightly, across all platforms, and emails status report to engineers.
- Designed and implemented new data driven XML reading framework
- Seclected 'expat' as underlying XML reading technology.
- Engineer can easily implement reading XML thru the use of data structures which define the XML structure.
- Maintained and extended existing media signature generation tools
- Fixed existing bugs in core tools
- Implemented the handling of multi-stream video files in signature generation tools